Recipe by Chef Glaucia
This delicious biscotti is one of my family's favorite evening treat :o) !!!
Top Review by JJ2011
OMG, these are so good! I think they taste better with mini chocolate chips (more evenly dispersed), and with white chocolate (with about a tsp of oil and 1/4-1/2 tsp peppermint extract) on the top. It's even better with crushed candy canes on the white chocolate!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or 10 drops peppermint oil )
- 1 teaspoon espresso coffee (or 1 tsp soluble coffee dissolved in 1 tsp warm water )
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 lb milk chocolate, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs on med. speed for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, espresso coffee and peppermint extract ( or oil ). Beat until combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Stir in combined flour, salt and baking powder.
- Shape the dough in a 16-inch long log on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the log until about 2-inches thick.
- Bake the log for 25 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the log to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Bake slices in a 325°F oven for 15 minutes ( I usually turn off the oven and let them cool in ).
- Transfer to wire rack and drizzle melted milk chocolate over them, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 weeks.