Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Courtesy Doona Dooher's Cookworks
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 lb white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 lb whole skinned hazelnuts or 1⁄2 lb macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter stirring constantly. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Combine the chocolate, flour, and egg mixtures together. Stir in the white chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator until it begins to set up but is still soft enough to spoon out.
- Using 2 spoons, drop 1 tablespoon portions of dough 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on the sheet pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.