Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!! These sound heavenly!!
Make and share this Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit the molds with paper muffin cups (Alternatively, use a silicone muffin pan, which needs neither greasing nor paper cups.)
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter and half the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; or do this in a microwave.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend.
- Don’t worry about being thorough — a few lumps are better than overmixing the batter.
- Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin molds.
- Sprinkle tops with coarse white sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.