1/7 Photos of Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!! These sound heavenly!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit the molds with paper muffin cups (Alternatively, use a silicone muffin pan, which needs neither greasing nor paper cups.)
- 3Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- 4Melt the butter and half the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; or do this in a microwave.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- 8Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend.
- 9Don’t worry about being thorough — a few lumps are better than overmixing the batter.
- 10Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate.
- 11Divide the batter evenly among the muffin molds.
- 12Sprinkle tops with coarse white sugar.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- 14Transfer the pan to a rack and cool 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g