Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Do not let this banana bread's long name fool you! Very easy to make, and WONDERFUL bread is the result.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Then add the eggs and mix.
- Then put in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the bananas and sour cream and mix.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and pour into 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick that has been inserted into the center comes out clean.
These are very good! I've never really cared for chocolate banana bread, but this rocks! My kids say they taste like a brownie. The only change I made was that I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because I didn't have any milk chocolate chips. Either one, I'm sure is great! I wanted my kids to take this to school in their lunches so I made 12 muffins and baked for 20 minutes. I also got one large loaf pan (baked for one hour) and a mini loaf pan (baked for 40 minutes). I did use low-fat sour cream with great results. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
the first evening we made 30 mini muffins for youngest daughter church night doing the recipe as is......the next night we made 2 mini loaves and 2 med loaves using 1/2 cup marg and 1/2 cup applesauce.....very moist and very tasty and very very good!!
I made this b/c I had fat free sour cream that was going to expire! My husband & some of my in-laws LOVED it! I cut the recipe in 1/2 & used a 9X5 loaf pan--also used 1/2 Splenda & half sugar. Used about 1 cup mashed bananas--was nervous about using too much/too little but it worked great! I didn't have time to read all the reviews, but I did see how "layering" the choc chips worked great--so I did that, too! Used about 3/4 cup choc chips :-). I hope to make this again for company!! Thank u for sharing!