Sue Lau's Note:
Double chocolate to satisfy that extra craving. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, packing in lunches or having with a cup of coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- 3Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute, and stir; microwave at additional 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted, but do not scorch (cooking time may vary with different ovens, but about 3 minutes total).
- 4Allow chocolate to cool about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir chocolate together with buttermilk, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- 6Separately, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 7Add the chocolate mixture to the center of the flour mix, stirring just until combined.
- 8Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- 9Place batter into a greased 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full.
- 10Bake 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- 11Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 263.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g