Recipe by Sue Lau
Double chocolate to satisfy that extra craving. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, packing in lunches or having with a cup of coffee or tea.
Top Review by Kid-Kat
For those who has the problem with the chips at the bottom: I think using MINI chocolate chips will help. Also, like the recipe indicate, mixing them with the flour mixture will help too.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute, and stir; microwave at additional 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted, but do not scorch (cooking time may vary with different ovens, but about 3 minutes total).
- Allow chocolate to cool about 10 minutes.
- Stir chocolate together with buttermilk, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Separately, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the center of the flour mix, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Place batter into a greased 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.