Recipe by Lil' Miss Nikki
I was in search for some chocolate muffins and had the hardest time trying to find any! I did come across this recipe on allrecipe.com and thought I would bring it over here! I've only made them once for my husband to take to work...they were all gone by lunch! Let me know how you like and if you have an alterations!
Top Review by Bobbin
My kids and I loved these. I made as posted except I left out the nuts. I think miniature chocolate chips would be better than the large ones as it would spread out the chocolate goodness. Another change I may make in the future is to decrease the amount of sugar to 1 cup; they are a tad sweet though that is really not a huge problem. My son already asked if we could make these again. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In medium bowl, Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl stir in milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients to large bowl; beat well. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, stir well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Poke almonds into tops of unbaked muffins. Sprinkle muffins with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.