Another recipe developed with love for my son, Jesse.
Make and share this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies for Jesse recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour works just as well
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, use good quality brand
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, freeze first to harden and retain their shape during baking
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together brown and white sugar, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough in heaped tablespoonfuls onto sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Freeze really well.