Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another recipe developed with love for my son, Jesse.
Make and share this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies for Jesse recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour works just as well
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, use good quality brand
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, freeze first to harden and retain their shape during baking
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together brown and white sugar, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough in heaped tablespoonfuls onto sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Freeze really well.
My chocolate chips melted and I put them in the freezer for an hour before using them. How long should I have freeze them so they don't melt?
I had only small eggs, so I doubled up on those, and they came out fluffy and yummy! Also substituted for butter which was great.
I made this recipe strictly according to the recipe listed with one exception and that is I used butter instead of margarine and I added just a little bit more than what was called for. The result was great cookies that got rave reviews by all my chocolate addicted friends!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!!