My altered version of the well known cookie. The numbers are as low as I can get them and still have an acceptable cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydronenized margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa (or Dutch cocoa, your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- .Heat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, beat margarin, egg and vanilla until light and well combined.
- Stir together Splenda, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (do not over bake).
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.