Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have an amazing regular chocolate chip cookie that I really should put up here sometime. When my kids were little (a long time ago) I adjusted that recipe to make these cookies. I just tried a different company's recipe for choc choc chip cookies and realized that mine was better, so I thought I'd share. Hope you like it.
- Mix the butter, Crisco, and sugar in your mixing bowl until pretty well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix leaving a few chunks.
- Add cocoa powder and espresso powder. Mix until combined.
- Place in the mixing bowl 1 cup of the flour.
- In a separate 2 cup measuring cup,combine the other cup of flour and the soda and salt. mix together and then add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally add the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded soup spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I usually get six to a sheet.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 7.5 minutes. I use a convection oven and cook at 375. Don't let the oven think it's smarter than you and drop the degree by 25 degrees.
- These need to rest on the pan for about 5 minutes before they are removed, but they will be nice on the outside and soft on the inside.