1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
I make the dough up for these and scoop them out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes. Then place the balls in a freezer bag. My husband bakes them up a couple at a time when he wants a chocolate fix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (whatever you like)
- 1 cup nuts, my hubby does not like them so I never use (optional)
- 1Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine brown sugar, white sugar, softened butter, Crisco shortening and vanilla.
- 3Beat until creamy. (I use my stand mixer-it's much easier).
- 4Add eggs and beat.
- 5Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6Stir in your chocolate chips and nuts (if using) at this point.
- 7Using small cookie scooper, scoop balls out onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- 8Put baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes.
- 9At this point you can put all the balls in a freezer bag for later use.
- 10When you want to make some cookies, pre-heat oven or good toaster oven to 375°. Bake 8-10 minutes. I go 8 in my oven so they stay soft and gooey.
- 11Let cool 2 minutes on pan, then cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 224.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g