1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe. Soaking the raisins makes these special! Found the original in Bon Appetit in 1990.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brandy, or amber rum or hot water
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed golden yellow sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 1Combine, raisins and brandy or rum in a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 3 hours or over night.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a heavy cookie sheet.
- 3With electric mixer, beat butter until light. Gradually add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla.
- 4Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture and stir just until blended.
- 5Drain raisins. Add to dough. Mix in chocolate chips and pecan pieces. Dough will be very stiff.
- 6Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spaced about 1 inch apart.
- 7Bake until cookies appear dry, tops are lightly cracked and soft when pressed, about 10 minutes. Careful not to overbake. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and remove to rack to finish cooling. Makes about 6 dozen.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g