Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
These are to die for! They are a little more work than store bought but they blow the doors off anything you can buy at the store. You can use store bought ice cream but homemade is so much better and it's so easy to make! Try to make the ice cream at least a few hours ahead so it can freeze up good. It'll be easier to work with plus you can eat the ice cream sandwiches right away without it oozing out the sides. For homemade, use my recipe The Realtor's Strawberry Ice Cream #384140
My Private Note
ice cre ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream (use recipe # or store bought)
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Sift first 4 ingredients into bowl. Using mixer, beat butter in another bowl until fluffy. Beat in both sugars, then eggs, 1 at a time.
- 3Beat in vanilla, then flour mixture. Fold in chips.
- 4Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls (I use a 1 tbsp scoop so they are all the same) onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 3 inches apart. You should end up with 24. Using moist fingertips, flatten mounds to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- 5Bake both trays at the same time, 5 minutes. Reverse the trays. Bake cookies until they are puffed and dry looking but still soft to the touch, about 5 more minutes. Cool completely. Freeze on sheets 15 minutes.
- 6Scoop about 1/3 cup ice cream onto the flat side of cookie and top with second cookie, press together lightly. Wrap and freeze. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie + Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 253.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g