Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A luscious, luxurious, sinfully rich chocolate lover's dream from our local paper.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (without pudding)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs and water.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes; tip out onto cooling rack when done.
- Serve plain, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar or drizzled with warm icing.
This cake really satisfied my chocaholic sweet tooth! Athough I made a couple errors, it was a GREAT cake. First mistake, I used a dark chocolate mix w/pudding. I didn't notice this until it was too late. My pudding boxes were about 3 oz each (not 6 oz). The batter was very thick and needed about 60 min of baking time. Otherwise, I made it as written. It couldn't be better at satisfying the need for a chocolate fix. I dusted w/confex sugar and served warm with Cool Whip. Would be perfect for a bake sale. Loved it. Thanks for sharing!
This was extremely rich! It's for that once in a great while Chocolate fix. It took longer to bake and it's very important to grease the bundt pan well. I made a cream cheese chocolate frosting and servings were smaller to cut back on the calories a bit since it was rich enough to enjoy without ODing on chocolate goodness:)
have you taken a gander at the calorie content of a single serving - it is more than a whole meal should be... now that is decadent!