Recipe by anastasia leverence
These make wonderful treats for breakfast, brunch or even a snack. Great for dipping in your coffe too. The dough is very sticky when kneading so make sure you have plenty of flour on your hands and the table.
Top Review by KWB
What I really wanted was the Chocolate biscotti that uses butter...but I didn't have butter so I used this one instead. It is okay, but needs BUTTER! :-) I used 4 eggs and used just under a 1/4 cup Kahlua in place of the water.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate-flavored liqueur (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs, egg whites,chocolate chips, vanilla and almond extract.
- add water.
- FLOUR HANDS.
- Mix well into dough (It will be VERY sticky).
- Flour a flat surface.
- Knead dough 8-9 times on floured surface.
- FOR Small Biscotti, cut dough in half, for large, leave dough large.
- Shape into 14-16" log.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- press into 1/2 thickness on cookie sheet.
- OPTIONAL-brush chocolate flavored liquor on top and sides of log.
- BAke at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
- When cool, cut diagnolly into 1/2" bars.
- Place bars cut side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 5-10 minutes each side depending on how crunchy you like your biscotti Cool and Enjoy.