This is absolutely decadent! I found this recipe tucked away in an old cookbook I picked up at a used book store. I wish I knew where it came from.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans or 24 standard size muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Add sifted ingredients, and mix well.
- Fold in sour cream and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of mixture into each loaf pan, or fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 50-60 minutes for loaves, or 25-30 minutes for muffins, or until a knife inserted in the center comes away clean.
This is awesome and tastes like cake. My daughter and I each made a batch. She used milk chocolate chips and I used the semi-sweet. Yum!!
This is delicious and it was easy to make. My boys actually made it and LOVED it! Thanks for sharing!
Holy cow I just tried this recipe a couple hours ago and it is fantastic!!! I had some extra bananas so i figured I would give it a whirl. It is so yummy a recipe that I will make again. I did use a bunt pan and it came out perfectly (took about 70 minutes cook time). I make and freeze cakes during the holidays for gift baskets and I think this recipe will be one that I use this year instead of just plain ole banana bread. Thank you so much for sharing :)