Recipe by stimied
This is absolutely decadent! I found this recipe tucked away in an old cookbook I picked up at a used book store. I wish I knew where it came from.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans or 24 standard size muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Add sifted ingredients, and mix well.
- Fold in sour cream and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of mixture into each loaf pan, or fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 50-60 minutes for loaves, or 25-30 minutes for muffins, or until a knife inserted in the center comes away clean.