This recipe is from Wilton and was printed on the packaging to my new bundt pan. With 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, it can't be all bad! I glaze this cake with my Orange Chocolate Glaze found in Sesame Spice Cake With Chocolate Orange Glaze Sesame Spice Cake With Chocolate Orange Glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 3/4 x 3 3/8 fluted bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease and flour pan.
- In a large pan, over medium low heat, melt 1-1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and butter together, stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into large mixing bowl, add sugar; beating until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternating with milk; mix until smooth, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely in pan, remove and drizzle with your favorite glaze.
Yummy! It has the flavor of a brownie.
I used a silicone mold of the proper size and reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 c. The batter did fill the pan to about an inch from the top, it did rise, but not even to the rim and it fell a bit, but I baked it an hour even though I used a convection oven. It was very moist, not cakey at all. More like a fudgy brownie. The chips, although dusted with flour first, still sank, and made the surface a bit unattractive. I covered it with chocolate glaze. It unmolded just fine. Tasted very good and chocolately.
I made this for my sis-in-law's birthday and frosted it with Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing. I didn't actually eat it myself (I don't like chocolate), but the in-laws said it was great - very moist. I might add a touch of cinnamon to the batter next time, or maybe mix a little instant coffee in with the milk. My only complaint was that the batter overflowed from my cake pan once it started to rise - even though I used a bundt pan of the stated size. Next time I'll fill the pan less and make cupcakes out of the extra batter.