1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread
This recipe is what always keeps me from throwing away those over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl! it's delicious and pretty easy to make; it has chocolate in it so even people who aren't banana-fans can enjoy it! its derived from a more traditional recipe from Pillsbury. use very over-ripe bananas, and mash them well, unless you like the chunks in your bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom only of 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan. blend margarine/butter with sugar until light&fluffy. beat in eggs. mix in bananas, vanilla, and milk.
- 2combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine until ingredients evenly distributed and all dry ingredients just moistened(do not over mix).
- 3pour batter into pan and bake for 50-65mins or just until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean without wet batter(toothpick might get some melted chocolate on it-which shouldn't be mistaken for batter).
- 4cool on a rack for 5mins, then remove the bread from the pan, wrap it in plastic wrap tightly and store in the fridge. leaving it in there for about a day will allow the flavors to blend and mellow.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3300.2
- Calories from Fat 1221
- Total Fat 135.6 g
- Saturated Fat 80.4 g
- Cholesterol 627.4 mg
- Sodium 3436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 499.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.8 g
- Sugars 265.8 g
- Protein 51.5 g