1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread
This recipe is what always keeps me from throwing away those over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl! it's delicious and pretty easy to make; it has chocolate in it so even people who aren't banana-fans can enjoy it! its derived from a more traditional recipe from Pillsbury. use very over-ripe bananas, and mash them well, unless you like the chunks in your bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom only of 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan. blend margarine/butter with sugar until light&fluffy. beat in eggs. mix in bananas, vanilla, and milk.
- 2combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine until ingredients evenly distributed and all dry ingredients just moistened(do not over mix).
- 3pour batter into pan and bake for 50-65mins or just until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean without wet batter(toothpick might get some melted chocolate on it-which shouldn't be mistaken for batter).
- 4cool on a rack for 5mins, then remove the bread from the pan, wrap it in plastic wrap tightly and store in the fridge. leaving it in there for about a day will allow the flavors to blend and mellow.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3300.2
- Calories from Fat 1221
- Total Fat 135.6 g
- Saturated Fat 80.4 g
- Cholesterol 627.4 mg
- Sodium 3436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 499.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.8 g
- Sugars 265.8 g
- Protein 51.5 g