Prep 12 mins
Cook 55 mins
Working from home today and on my lunch break I just made up a cookie recipe, turned out great and was very easy!! A very low sugar, low fat cookie with healthy almonds and cocoa to boot!
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (I used barley flour, similar to white)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds (chopped in food processor, unsalted raw almonds)
- 1⁄4 cup whole almond (unsalted raw)
- 1/4 c canola oil.
- 2/3 c sugar.
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup flour (I used barley flour, similar to white).
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2/3 c chopped almonds (chopped in food processor - unsalted raw almonds).
- 1/4 cup whole almonds (unsalted raw).
- On lightly floured parchment paper (to avoid mess), roll out the dough just enough so it's not sticky.
- separate into two parts.
- Spread each dough roll so that it's appox 1" thick and a flat rectangular shape and place each about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- let cool.
- Cut into slices diagonally on a angle.
- Bake again sliced side down for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and you have a very low sugar, low fat cookie with healthy almonds and cocoa to boot!