1 hr 7 mins
Working from home today and on my lunch break I just made up a cookie recipe, turned out great and was very easy!! A very low sugar, low fat cookie with healthy almonds and cocoa to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11/4 c canola oil.
- 22/3 c sugar.
- 31 egg.
- 61 cup flour (I used barley flour, similar to white).
- 73/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 81 tsp baking powder.
- 9Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix well.
- 112/3 c chopped almonds (chopped in food processor - unsalted raw almonds).
- 121/4 cup whole almonds (unsalted raw).
- 14On lightly floured parchment paper (to avoid mess), roll out the dough just enough so it's not sticky.
- 15separate into two parts.
- 16Spread each dough roll so that it's appox 1" thick and a flat rectangular shape and place each about 2 inches apart.
- 17Bake 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 18let cool.
- 19Cut into slices diagonally on a angle.
- 20Bake again sliced side down for 25 minutes.
- 21Let cool and you have a very low sugar, low fat cookie with healthy almonds and cocoa to boot!
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.4
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g