Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use to be my grandmother's recipe (not sure where she got it) as a quick dessert while in sunday church. It is really good and this is far as I remembered and still make it these day. Alots of people use sugar... which we don't use. Bake: Piecrust Refrigerate: pie for 2½ hours or until soft-set firm
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (any flavor piecrust)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 4 ounces vanilla, jell o pudding mix box
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip, lightly thawed (from a 16 oz. tub)
- remaining Cool Whip, lightly thawed
- remaining Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Part 1 - Direction:.
- Bake the piecrust, as instruction from package, and then let it cool.
- Part 2 – Directions:.
- In a bowl, stir in softened cream cheese and vanilla extract using a wooden spoon until fluffy-smoothly mixed.
- Add in and beat cocoa, vanilla pudding mix and milk with wire whisk for about 3 minutes or so.
- Whisked well.
- Gradually stir in ¾ cup of chocolate chip and fold in ½ cup of cool whip.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Garnish with remaining whip cream and chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate 2½ hours or until soft-set firm before serving.