Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat until light and creamy.
- Add the egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Beat until smooth.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture in 2 parts, beating just until combined.
- With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool the cookies on a rack.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.