Recipe by JudyCC
I ordered this desert at a great lunch spot in Red Lodge, MT recently and decided to try to recreate it at home. The combination of chocolate and chipotle is genuis, here it is............
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder, use (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer/bare boil in saucepan. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate, chipotle chili powder and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in medium sized bowl. Slowly whisk cooled chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 300 degress F. Spray 6 1/2c. custard cups with vegetable oil spray. Place cups in a shallow baking pan. (9 x 13" works well). Pour boiling water into baking pan so that water level comes halfway up sides of custard cups.
- Bake until just set; about 40 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- To add traditional sugar crust to custards, either use a brulee torch or add about 2 tsps. sugar to top of each baked custard and put under broiler until sugar is melted. Let cool until sugar is hardened.