Have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. These are healthy, low fat and just plain yummy. Enjoy! If you want to make muffins- grease your loaf pan and bake at the same temperature for 50 min or until a toothpick comes clean
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (I used sucanat)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grate and packed
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Line muffin pans with liners (or grease well), set aside.
- 3In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 4In medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 6Distribute batter evenly. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick entered in center of muffins comes clean.
- 7Cool 5 min on a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins/Bread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g