Recipe by fugaler
Have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. These are healthy, low fat and just plain yummy. Enjoy! If you want to make muffins- grease your loaf pan and bake at the same temperature for 50 min or until a toothpick comes clean
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (I used sucanat)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grate and packed
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pans with liners (or grease well), set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Distribute batter evenly. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick entered in center of muffins comes clean.
- Cool 5 min on a cooling rack.