Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. These are healthy, low fat and just plain yummy. Enjoy! If you want to make muffins- grease your loaf pan and bake at the same temperature for 50 min or until a toothpick comes clean
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (I used sucanat)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grate and packed
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pans with liners (or grease well), set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Distribute batter evenly. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick entered in center of muffins comes clean.
- Cool 5 min on a cooling rack.