Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very moist cake. It was published in Bon Appetit 2002.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional
- flour, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (8 oz)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter bundt pan well and dust with some flour, knocking out excess.
- Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, then beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to medium and add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down side of bowl occasionally, then beat until very smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes more.
- Reduce speed to low and add all but 1/2 cup flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Toss zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts with remaining 1/2 cup flour mixture and add to batter, then mix batter with a rubber spatula (batter will be thick).
- Spoon batter into bundt pan, smoothing top. Bake in middle of oven, rotating pan halfway through baking, until side begins to pull away from pan and a tester comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes total.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then run a thin knife around outer and inner edges. Invert rack over pan, then invert cake onto rack. Cool completely.
I made this for a get together yesterday and my was it a hit!!! Super moist and not too heavy. Definitely will make this again. Thanks for sharing Marz.