Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe will be perfect when you have an abundance of zucchini in your garden! From Paula Deen.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- whipped cream, for serving
- zucchini, ribbons for serving
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in sifted ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool. Chill before slicing. Serve with whipped cream and ribbons of zucchini.
Wonderful zucchini bread with kid appeal (actually adult appeal too)!!! Moist and flavourful. I made some minor changes: I omitted the nuts, nutmeg and zest for my kids; I added 1/4 cup of flour because my zucchini was very wet; and I increased the chocolate chips to about 1 1/4 cups. I also made one loaf and a dozen muffins for easier packing in lunchboxes. Unlike many similar quick breads I didn't have a problem with the crust getting too brown while the inside was still not done. Thank you for an excellent recipe!