Recipe by New Mom Kate
This yummy recipe was given to me by my neighbor. This is a dense, dessert bread with a veggie! Great for kids. Makes 2 big loaves or 5 mini loaves.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat together sugar, brown sugar, butter and oil.
- Continue beating and add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine milk with apple cider vinegar and pour into wet mixture. Beat.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to wet mixture while beating on low speed.
- Fold in zuchinni and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans or 5 mini well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 for 2 big loaves or 30 minutes for 5 mini loaves. Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.