Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very rich pie. I recommend serving it with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chill unbaked pie crust in freezer for 15 minutes before using.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually beat in the sugars.
- Add the eggs individually, beating well each time.
- Beat in the vanilla, then the flour and salt until well blended.
- Blend in the milk (don't worry if the filling looks a little lumpy at this point) and finally, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour filling into the chilled shell, smoothing it out with a spoon.
- Bake the pie on the center oven rack for about 50 minutes, turning it 180 degrees halfway through baking time.
- When done, the top will be dark golden brown, and the filling will be set except for the center, which may slightly jiggle when you tap the pan.
- Cool pie on a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.