1 hr 5 mins
This is a very rich pie. I recommend serving it with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Chill unbaked pie crust in freezer for 15 minutes before using.
- 3Cream the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually beat in the sugars.
- 4Add the eggs individually, beating well each time.
- 5Beat in the vanilla, then the flour and salt until well blended.
- 6Blend in the milk (don't worry if the filling looks a little lumpy at this point) and finally, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 7Pour filling into the chilled shell, smoothing it out with a spoon.
- 8Bake the pie on the center oven rack for about 50 minutes, turning it 180 degrees halfway through baking time.
- 9When done, the top will be dark golden brown, and the filling will be set except for the center, which may slightly jiggle when you tap the pan.
- 10Cool pie on a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 223.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g