Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Splenda cookbooklet.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 cookie sheets with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Cream margarine and Splenda together in a bowl using a sturdy spoon.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix gently to combine (dough will be stiff).
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonful to form 24 cookies.
- Lightly flatten cookies with bottom of a glass sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Place cookie sheets on wire racks and cool.
I've been baking for over 35 years and these are the worst things I've ever made! They turned out like underdone, over-sweet, chocolate chip pancakes. Perhaps there is more than one error in this recipe (besides putting the "cookie sheets on wire racks"). Sorry.
these were so yummy. i used regular chocolate chips instead of the mini. even my fiance ate them and he's very anti-splenda. i will definitely make these again. they have a great crunch with the nuts and have a perfect texture and sweetness for a no-sugar cookie.