Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a blog. It was so good and easy, I had to share it.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons water (preferably hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
I made these last week for my friends, as we were having a little get-together. They all LOVED them! Now, every time they see me, they beg me to make more!