Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
had a hard time coming with a title for the recipe. I didn't want to just call it chocolate chip cookies, because there's so many of those titles around here and on other websites. There is milk and rolled oats in the recipe, and that's what I think makes them a bit on the healthy side. I used regular milk for these guys.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margerine with both sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating each one into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. You should be able to start and finish with the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter.
- Put heaping spoonfulls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy.
These cookies were more cakey in texture than than chewy texture I like in cookies. Maybe with some tweaking like leaving out the milk and adding more butter and oats would make the texture work better for our tastes. I did like the cinnamon and chocolate pairing in them, but I felt that they still could have used a flavor boost, like almond or vanilla extract. Thanks, and good luck in the contest.
I love the addition of oatmeal to this recipe as I normally don't bake cookies using oatmeal per families request. DS#2 had eaten two b/f asking if there was oatmeal addded. He didn't seem to mind a bit. It actually adds a nice texture along with the chopped walnuts and of course anything with cinnamon is a plus for me as well. I was generous with my 1 t. The dough is a little softer to work with than normal...I"m assuming from the milk addition. A nice touch as well. Mine did take 13 minutes to bake. The edges were crispy while the center was nice and soft. A great all around cookie. A great job in creating this recipe and one in which you should be proud.
I loved these cookies! They are my winning recipe. Thank you so much for this creation. I only used brown sugar and it worked just great. I had them worm with a glass of milk. I would also like them crumbled over some vanilla icecream. My winner! Good luck for the contest.