- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 sugar
- 1⁄2 corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients, mixing until crumbly.
- Press firmly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Topping: Beat together eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer or until set and golden.
- Cool completely, then cut into bars.