- cooking spray
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray, and preheat.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Place milk, butter, vanilla, and egg yolk in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- Beat egg white and sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into flour mixture. Fold in minichips.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until done; repeat procedure with remaining batter.