Recipe by littleturtle
Waffles from a muffin mix. I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine any other flavor of muffin mix would work just as well for a wide variety of delicious waffles...cinnamon swirl, cranberry orange, blueberry, etc.
Top Review by PJMattus
We thought this was very good. Nice way to use up muffin mixes. We enjoyed the chocolate chip waffles. Next time, I think I will add some pecans. Looking forward to trying some of the other flavors. Thank you very much for this recipe, we will use it again.
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chip muffin mix
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- powdered sugar (optional)
- syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat and lightly grease waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, flour, and baking powder, then add milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Stir until moistened (about 50 strokes).
- Pour batter onto center grids of waffle iron.
- Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Remove finished waffle carefully with fork.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with powdered sugar and syrup, if desired.