Prep 7 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are a tasty morsel of a muffin, that's great with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. My preference is to leave out the chips, but my kid's wouldn't have them any other way. The small size brings out the intensity of the vanilla. Use the batter with out the chocolate as a base for a delicious regular sized berry muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk, warmed to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 24 mini muffin pan.
- Stir together in a mixing bowl all the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the flour mix and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients and pour into the well in the flour mix, stirring together gently until all the flour is mixed inches
- Don't over mix there will be some lumps.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan filling to the top.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes, or until top just begin to get golden.
- Note: quantities will vary based on the size of muffin pan, there are many different sized mini muffin pans, if they are larger, don't fill all the way to the top.
I thought these were good, if perhaps a little bland. I may try sprinkling the tops with some sugar next time, or even a crumb topping. My yield was 24 mini-muffins and 2 medium sized! They were super easy to make, and were done very quickly - 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing, momaphet. Made for ZWT.
These were so disgusting. You did not tell us which rack to put it on and the wrong heat setting, they were still cooking for 1 hour and some still came out raw. All the chocolate chips fell to bottom and they melted. They tasted like burned banana bread and the vanilla extract was a waste. Would not recomend...
Made a double batch of these great tasting muffins, one with the chocolate chips & one without, & I liked them both equally! After doing my own little taste test, all but another 4 were packed off to share at one of our weekly meetings, with none left to cart home! This is certainly a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]