Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe made decadent by the addition of caramel drizzle. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 20 caramels
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed and gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using the palms of your hands.
- Bake 8 minutes or until set and light golden. Cool on wire racks. Melt caramel in the microwave and drizzle over cooled cookies.