Recipe by KeyWee
This rich, moist, chocolately dessert is a hit every time! No one will ever know that DATES are the secret ingredient. This cake keeps well, not that you will have it around for long!
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (any - chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring first three ingredients to a second boil.
- Remove from heat, stir well, cover& refrigerate until chilled (or overnight).
- Cream together next six ingredients.
- Blend in the cold date mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 cake pan.
- Top with chocolate chips& nuts, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.