The creation of these toffee bars are solely due to the kindness of Miller, he has made the Dorn family very happy!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture, and press the rest into the greased pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the hot crumb crust.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of toffee bits.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb crust mixture and the other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the rest of the toffee bits (1/4 cup).
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
- Bless Miller with every bite!