Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Husband's twist on my grandmother's classic stove-top rice pudding. The flavors and textures are quite unusual, but they do this old stand-by plenty of justice! Enjoy!
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons toffee pieces
- 6 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- whipped cream, for serving
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, brown sugar, butter, and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in the vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon 1/2 the pudding into dessert bowls or sundae glasses.
- Combine the chocolate chips and toffee bits; sprinkle 1/2 over the pudding.
- Repeat layers; refrigerate at until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
Let me be the first to say, "Yum". Just what I expected from rice pudding...but better! :)