Recipe by Marc Peters
Got this out of this month's Betty Crocker Indulgent Desserts. Haven't had a chance to make it, but it looks divine. Notes: You can use mini chocolate chips instead of chocolate-coated toffee bits. Definitely leave yourself all day to work on this, as there looks to be a lot of bake and set times. Allowing the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes helps prevent cracking.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate graham crackers, finely chopped (18 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, Melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Skor English toffee bits (From two 8-oz bags)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 300ºF.
- In a medium bowl mix crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and the butter.
- In ungreased 9" springform pan, press crumb mixture in bottom and 1 to 1 1/2 inches up the side.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and the vanilla with mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the toffee bits for garnish; gently stir remaining toffee bits into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Turn off oven; leave door open 4 inches.
- Cool cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; place on cooling rack.
- Without releasing or removing side of pan, remove metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen again.
- Refrigerate uncovered until thoroughly chilled, at least 3 hours.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on high 20-30 seconds or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes. Spread topping evenly over top of cheesecake.
- Sprinkle reserved 2 tablespoons toffee bits around outer edge.
- Refrigerate until topping is set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove side of pan before serving.