Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cookie bar is so rich. It is one of the best that I have tasted.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) package10 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9 inch greased baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chips over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.