Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
This delicious banana bread is from Chocolate Covered Katie. Her version is gluten-free and vegan, so I've reposted this with my non-vegan and glutenful version. It's delicious!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups tightly-packed mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup Skor English toffee bit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine dry ingredients, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix into dry. (Mix by hand, and don’t overmix.)
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and cook for around 50 minutes. (If the top is cooked but the inside is still gooey, put tin foil over the top and continue to cook.).
- After removing from the oven, let cool before slicing. Freezes well.