Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
I love just about anything baked with chocolate. These biscuits are no exception! They are good! By the way, you don't need a baking stone for this--just use the oven.
Top Review by Dominique353
These were okay but too heavy compared to how I normally like my regular biscuits. I think next time I would use my regular biscuit recipe, recipe#77417, and add choc chips. I guess this recipe needs more baking powder?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, plus extra
- white sugar, for sprinkling
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips (adjust to your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together briefly on lowest setting in the lovely stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Add the softened butter and mix together until coarse and crumbly, then add the chocolate chips.
- Keeping the mixer on slow speed, slowly add milk until the dough just begins to come together.
- Remove the dough, and pat out into 2 discs, slicing each one into eight (8) biscuits.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar and arrange the biscuits on a baking stone.
- Bake for ~12-15 minutes, or until the tops have become slightly golden. Remove from oven and enjoy warm!