Vino Girl's Note:
From Home Cooking Magazine (November-December 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can sweet potatoes, in heavy syrup, drained (reserve 3 Tablespoons of syrup)
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, chopped (divided)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- 3Mash sweet potatoes with reserved syrup.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- 5Beat together butter and sugars at medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and lightened in color.
- 6Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 7On low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients, followed by sweet potatoes, and finally the last of the dry ingredients.
- 8Fold in chips and half of the pecans.
- 9Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 10Sprinkle remaining pecans over top.
- 11Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and the pecans are toasted.
- 12Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Squares
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g