Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! It has a little bit of everything - pecans, oatmeal, and lots of chocolate. Cookies come out super soft and chewy. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with and electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended. Add pudding mix and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until bleneded. Stir in morsels, chopped pecans, and oats.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; place on lightly greased baking sheets, and press to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.