Recipe by mizhannigan2004
I came up with additions to your basic chocolate chip muffin recipe from allrecipes.com and added my favorite all-natural M&M's called SunDrops to them. You can find Sundrops at most any health food store or on the Sunspire company website. Very delicious! I always double the batch since they seem to disappear within an hour at home!
Top Review by Lalaloula
These muffins are very good indeed! :) They are soft and moist with a yummy chocolate taste and nice crunch to the top. Mmm!
I made half the recipe and used only half of the sugar in the dough and only 3 ts of the sugar mix on top. That was plenty of sweetness for our taste. In place of the 1/2 egg that was needed I used a flax egg.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing such a great recipe with us, mizhannigan!
Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2011.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips, and sundrops (about 1/4 to 1/2 of each)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips,SunDrops, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.).
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.