Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Hungry Girl Diet cookbook. The sweet, creamy filling is delicious and so, so simple. PointsPlus value = 3.
- 5 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (1/16 ounce) packet artificial sweetener (like Splenda or Truvia)
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Slice the stem ends off the strawberries, about 1/2 inch, revealing an opening in each berry. Use a narrow spoon to remove about half of the flesh inside each berry allowing room for filling.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta, sweetener and vanilla extract until uniform.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into a bottom corner of a plastic bag; snip off the tip of that corner to create a small hole and squeeze mixture into the strawberries. Top with chocolate chips and enjoy!
- Tip: If you want your stuffed berries to stand upright, cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat.