Hilary Gwilt's Note:
this one is awesome and worth sharing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set rack in center of oven and preheat to 275* F.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, dull side up, (or baking parchment). In a medium bowl, beat whites till foamy, then add salt. Continue to beat till stiff peaks form, slowly adding sugar, extract, and lemon juice. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3Drop batter onto cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls--no larger, these are very rich-- spaced 2 inches apart. Sift powdered sugar over tops.
- 4Bake 35-40 minutes, until tops are barely pale and meringue surface is firm.
- 5Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip-Studded Mini Meringues
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g