Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this one is awesome and worth sharing.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip-Studded Mini Meringues recipe from Food.com.
- Set rack in center of oven and preheat to 275* F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, dull side up, (or baking parchment). In a medium bowl, beat whites till foamy, then add salt. Continue to beat till stiff peaks form, slowly adding sugar, extract, and lemon juice. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls--no larger, these are very rich-- spaced 2 inches apart. Sift powdered sugar over tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until tops are barely pale and meringue surface is firm.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
My first attempt at meringues. These were awesome. Sweet and gooey and rich. Very easy to make. I ended up with 38 "three-bite" meringues. Will definitely make again.
so easy and my family went nuts over them. i am now inspired to experiment and try different flavors