Chocolate Chip-Studded Mini Meringues
- Set rack in center of oven and preheat to 275* F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, dull side up, (or baking parchment). In a medium bowl, beat whites till foamy, then add salt. Continue to beat till stiff peaks form, slowly adding sugar, extract, and lemon juice. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls--no larger, these are very rich-- spaced 2 inches apart. Sift powdered sugar over tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until tops are barely pale and meringue surface is firm.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.