Recipe by Caryn
Simple cake mix bundt cake.
Top Review by Nexis
I made this recipe using a box of Choclate Cake mix and it came out really nice! The chocolate chips melt in the center to make the streusel, which is a great addition to the choclate cake. My husband and 5 year daughter loved the recipe. The only suggestion I have is that if you have a fan oven, like myself, than you probably can take the cake out 5-10 minutes earlier than the suggested time.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package white cake mix or 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Blend cake mix (dry), eggs, water, and 1/2 cup butter in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Do Not Overbeat!
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over crumbly mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; invert on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool cake completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.