Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple cake mix bundt cake.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package white cake mix or 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Blend cake mix (dry), eggs, water, and 1/2 cup butter in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Do Not Overbeat!
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over crumbly mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; invert on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool cake completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
I made this recipe using a box of Choclate Cake mix and it came out really nice! The chocolate chips melt in the center to make the streusel, which is a great addition to the choclate cake. My husband and 5 year daughter loved the recipe. The only suggestion I have is that if you have a fan oven, like myself, than you probably can take the cake out 5-10 minutes earlier than the suggested time.
This cake was awesome. Your directions were very clear and easy to understand. I used a white cake mix and I also added a few of the mini m&m's in with the chocolate chips, and it turned out great! Thanks for posting~everyone loved it !!
All I can say is DELICIOUS YUMMY FANTASTIC. With the moist devils food cake mix you can buy,
this cake turns out to be the perfect texture and moistness to support the chocolate chips.
The chocolate chip filling melts in your mouth. Thanks for posting.