Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, Softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, Chopped
- Grease bottom only of square baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2-inches.
- Mix brown sugar, margarine, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Microwave uncovered on high (100%), 4 minutes; turn dish one-quarter turn.
- Microwave until no longer doughy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool; cut into about 2 inch squares.
Texture of this was kind of strange but the flavor was good and it satisfied my chocolate craving! I didn't have any nuts so used extra chocolate chips. Thanks!
I baked this at 350 despite it being a microwave recipe - added a little extra flour - 1/4 cup. It turned out quite good - soft & chewy - a little crunch around the edges. Thanks !